Tuesday, November 16, 2010

good reminder

I was reminded today that I take that first drink in my mind long before I actually relapse. I have had 4 people in my life in the past two weeks 'go out' and the similarities in their story are no coincidence...stop going to meetings, stop talking honestly to others about what's going on, stop working with others...in general a loss of willingness to do the things necessary to have a daily reprieve. Complacency in my recovery, thinking I don't need to do this stuff on the regular, will get me to that dangerous place that when shit does hit the fan, I have absolutely no defense against it. My recovery and my peace are directly proportional to the amount of my effort and my willingness. My fit spiritual conditional is not based on my yesterday's efforts, but rather, what I have done today. With that, coffee and reading, prayer, and meditation here I come.

4 comments:

  1. Excellent reminder. Thank you

    ReplyDelete
  2. Melissa, honestly, you impress me! I love your short, sensible posts. They kind of give me direction in my life. :) Tight hug!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you. A great reminder, today is what I have so use it

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for reminding me of what is important.Everyday I get a good message that I need to read.Sacramento is a nice place where in my past it was fun and hell at the same time.Central Valley 5780 said that.(it's a CB side band thing)

    ReplyDelete